Toasted Walnut Bread with a Salsa of Packham’s Triumph Pear, Stilton and Fresh Chives
Preparation Time: N/A
Cooking Time: N/A
- 2 Packham’s Triumph pears washed, cored and diced
- 4 thick slices of quality sourdough
- 120 g Stilton cheese or other blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 small Spanish onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bunch fresh chives, finely chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
Recipe by David Bitton
For the salsa, place the cheese, pear, onion and chives into a large mixing bowl.
Add the olive oil and season.
Toss lightly and set aside until required.
For the toast, brush the bread with olive oil. Toast each side under a grill until lightly golden.
To serve, place one slice of toasted bread on each plate, top with a generous serve of the salsa and serve at room temperature.