Salt-Roasted Pork with Fennel and Pear Salad
Preparation Time: N/A
Cooking Time: N/A
- 1 x 300 g pork fillet, trimmed
- ¼ cup (60 ml) olive oil, plus extra, for brushing
- 1 teaspoon each sea salt flakes and fennel seeds
- Cracked black pepper
- 2 Williams’ Bon Chrétien pears, thickly sliced
- 200 g celeriac, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 baby fennel, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon hot English mustard
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
Preheat oven to 200°C.
Brush the pork with oil. Heat a non-stick frying pan over high heat and cook the pork for 1–2 minutes on each side or until browned.
Place the salt and fennel in a mortar and pestle and grind to combine. Press pork into the salt mixture, place on baking tray and roast for 10–12 minutes or until cooked through.
Place the pear, celeriac and fennel in a bowl. Place the remaining oil, mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper in a bowl and whisk to combine.
Pour over the pear mixture and toss to coat.
Slice the pork and serve with the salad.