Roasted Pear & Pancetta Salad with Parmesan Wafers
Preparation Time: N/A
Cooking Time: N/A
- 2⁄3 cup (55 g) finely grated parmesan
- 2 Corella pears, halved
- 1 tablespoon each olive oil and brown sugar
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 8 pancetta slices
- 2 baby cos lettuces, leaves separated
- ¼ cup (60 ml) buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
Preheat oven to 180°C.
Arrange 8 x 1 tablespoons of parmesan in circles on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper and bake for 10 minutes or until crisp. Set aside to cool.
Increase oven to 200°C.
Place the pears, oil, sugar, salt and pepper on a baking tray and toss to coat.
Roast for 15–20 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Set aside.
Place the pancetta on a baking tray and cook for 8 minutes until crisp.
Divide the lettuce between plates and top with the parmesan wafers, pancetta and pear.
Combine the buttermilk and vinegar and drizzle over the salad to serve.