Rare roast beef, pear & creamy blue cheese toasties
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
makes: Serves 4
- 8 slices mixed grains & seeds sourdough
- 2 tablespoons spreadable butter
- 300g rare roast beef (8 slices)
- 2 pears, quartered, core removed, cut into thin wedges
- 200g soft blue cheese, crumbled
- Spread butter onto one side of bread slices. Place buttered side down on a chopping board. Top bread with beef, pear and cheese. Cover filling with remaining bread with buttered side facing up.
- Heat a sandwich press or frying pan over a medium heat. Add sandwiches, 2 at a time and cook for 4-5 minutes or until golden on both sides. Serve.
Tip: We used Sonoma mixed grain & seed sourdough, the roast beef slices can be found in the deli section at supermarkets, and Blue Castello blue cheese.