Pesto, semi dried tomato, pear & bocconcini toasties
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
makes: Serves 4
- 4 ciabatta bread rolls or Italian flat bread, split in half
- 2 tablespoons spreadable butter
- 40g baby spinach leaves
- 2/3 cup semi dried tomatoes
- 2 pears, quartered, cored, cut into thin wedges
- 180g tub bocconcini, drained, sliced
- ½ cup basil pesto
- Spread butter onto crusty side of bread. Place buttered side down on a chopping board. Place spinach leaves onto bread roll bases. Top with tomatoes, pear and bocconcini. Spread pesto onto remaining slices of bread. Cover filling with bread roll tops, bread side up.
- Heat a sandwich press or frying pan over a medium heat. Add bread rolls, 2 at a time and cook for 4-5 minutes or until golden on both sides. Serve.