Pear, Goat Cheese and Caramelised Onion Jam Sandwich
Preparation Time: N/A
Cooking Time: N/A
- No-Knead bread or a hearty sourdough – sliced
- Ripe Williams’ Bon Chrétien’ pears – sliced
- Caramelised onion jam
- Ashed goat cheese / soft chevre
- Semi-hard goat cheese or another melty cheese like gruyere or fontina – sliced
- Watercress or roquette – torn
- Olive oil
- Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper
Spread two slices of bread with the soft chevre. Top one piece of bread with a layer of onion jam followed by a layer of sliced pear. Add a couple slices of semi-hard cheese followed by a small handful of watercress and a bit of fresh cracked black pepper. Top with the other piece of bread – cheese side down.
Brush or spray with olive oil and grill in a non-stick pan over medium heat for 3-4 minutes each side until the cheese is melted and the ingredients are warmed through. You can also place in a sandwich press.
Sprinkle with sea salt. Serve straight or with a watercress and roquette salad, some fruit and a glass of iced green tea.