Chutney, leg ham, pear and Swiss cheese toasties
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
makes: Serves 4
- 8 slices mixed grains & seeds sourdough
- 2 tablespoons spreadable butter
- 1/3 cup spicy hot tomato chutney
- 300g thinly sliced freshly cut leg ham
- 2 pears, quartered, cored, cut into thin wedges
- 8 slices Swiss style cheese
- Spread butter onto one side of bread slices. Place buttered side down on a chopping board. Spread chutney onto 4 slices of bread. Place ham, pear and Swiss cheese onto chutney and cover with remaining slices of bread, buttered side up.
- Heat a sandwich press or frying pan over a medium heat. Add sandwiches, 2 at a time and cook for 4-5 minutes or until golden on both sides. Serve.
Tip: We used Abbott’s Village Bakery Light Rye bread