Caramelised Onion and Pear Tart
Preparation Time: N/A
Cooking Time: N/A
- 1½ tablespoons olive oil, plus extra, to serve
- 4 brown onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 5 sprigs lemon thyme
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, plus extra, to serve
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 sheet shortcrust pastry, thawed
- 100 g goats’ cheese, crumbled
- 2 Joséphine de Malines pears, sliced
- ½ cup rocket leaves
Preheat oven to 200°C.
Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
Add the onions and cook, stirring, for 15 minutes or until softened and light golden.
Add the sugar, thyme, balsamic, salt and pepper and cook, stirring, for a further 5 minutes or until caramelised.
Place the pastry on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper, top with the onion and goat’s cheese and fold up the sides of the pastry to enclose.
Bake for 20– 25 minutes or until golden.
Top with rocket and pear and drizzle with extra oil and vinegar to serve.