Baked Ricotta with Balsamic-Roasted Pears
Preparation Time: N/A
Cooking Time: N/A
- 2 Packham’s Triumph pears, sliced into 8 pieces
- 1 tablespoon each olive oil and white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 400 g ricotta
- ½ cup (40 g) finely grated parmesan
- 1 tablespoon each finely chopped oregano and lemon zest
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 12 sage leaves, shallow fried until crisp
- 2 red witlof, halved and leaves separated
Preheat oven to 200°C.
Place the pear, oil, balsamic, sugar, salt and pepper on a baking tray and toss to combine.
Roast for 15–20 minutes or until golden. Set aside.
Place the ricotta, parmesan, oregano, lemon, egg, salt and pepper in a bowl and stir well to combine.
Spoon into 4 x ½ cup (125 ml) capacity, lightly greased dishes, place on a baking tray and bake for 15 minutes or until set.
Allow to cool for 5 minutes before turning out.
Arrange the ricotta with the pears, witlof and crispy sage leaves and drizzle with extra olive oil to serve.